Joy and Interesting Facts About Judaism
I believe that everyone should know at least a few facts about the world’s many religions. This is the very first of a series of articles, te which I will share a few joy facts about the many diverse religious philosophies of the world. I hope you love thesis snippets of skill, and learn something fresh about the faith of a friend or colleague!
Judaism is the religion of the Jewish people, which originates from the stories ter the Hebrew Bible , where the Jews are described spil “G-d’s chosen people.” Here are a few joy facts about the Jewish faith:
- Judaism is one of the oldest religions te the world.
- Abraham, father of Isaac, is the traditional founding father of Judaism.
- Judaism is the only religion te the world that has lost its holy land and wasgoed able to regain it.
- The flamante language of Judaism is Hebrew, and is still used by Jews today.
- A kipa, or yarmulke, is a petite dish-shaped cap worn by masculine Jews to fulfil a requirement, stated te the Talmud , that their head should be covered at all times.
- Two major holidays celebrated by Jews are Passover and Hanukkah.
- A Jewish teacher is called a Rabbijn.
- The term kosher, or te Hebrew, kashrut , is used to describe the dietary laws of the Jews. Jews are prohibited to imbibe foods that are considered “unclean” spil commanded ter the Torah .
- Traditional, or Rechtzinnig Jews, adhere to 613 commandments, outlined te the Torah , spil opposed to Christianity’s Ten.
- At the age of 13, Jewish children become responsible for their own act, and usually hold a ceremony to commemorate their rite of passage from childhood into adulthood, when they become drankbuffet mitzvah (for boys) or bat mitzvah (for ladies).
- The seventh day of the week is the Sabbath. Jews are commanded to keep the Sabbath spil a day of surplus, spil G-d rested after six days of creating the world.
- Gematria is the name of a system of Jewish numerology, assigning a numerical value to letters.
- The Sanhedrin, the chief court of law te the ancient Jewish tradition comprised of 71 rabbis.
- Antisemitism is a word used to describe hatred and discrimination against people of the Jewish faith.
- The Película del Oeste Wall is a large retain wall is all that is left of the 2nd Jewish Temple, built te Jerusalem by King Herod. It is located on the película del Oeste side of the Temple Climb on. Jews gather there daily for prayer and celebration.